New York City is welcoming back basketball All-Star Carmelo Anthony with open arms and what better way for the Big Apple to celebrate then with an iconic deli sandwich. “The Melo” isn’t just any sandwich though, it’s New York City skyscraper style with a pound of Pastrami, Salami, Corn Beef and a half pound of Bacon. That’s a lot of meat! And a ton of calories from our calculations it looks like this sandwich could have around 4,444 calories, 114.5 grams of saturated fat and 20,704 milligrams of sodium! Wow! But then again, watch the video and take a look at this hunk of a deli sandwich there is no way you can eat this alone or in one sitting. We love the enthusiasm New York is showing but please share this ‘Melo Meal” with friends…it looks like a heart attack on a plate for just one person!
February 25, 2011
search our blog
- Know your ingredients with All My Food Facts app: Coleson’s Catch Wild Alaskan Coho Salmon Fillets
- 5 foods that increase your skin’s natural sun protection
- Recipe: Chilled cantaloupe soup
- UV Safety: Protecting your skin from sun exposure during the summer
- Know your ingredients with All My Food Facts app: Simply Balanced All Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts