4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (I used Frank's)
1 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
2 tbsp honey
1. In a medium bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Add the hot sauce, egg, and buttermilk to the dry ingredients and whisk until you have a smooth batter.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, toss to make sure each piece is coated in the batter and set aside. Place Panko breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
3. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for the sauce together and refrigerate until ready for serving.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet. One by one, remove chicken pieces from batter and in the breadcrumbs, coating completely (add more breadcrumbs as needed). Fry chicken on both sides for 3 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove pieces to a paper towel lined plate to drain any excess oil. Repeat process until all chicken is cooked.