Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Need more specifics on negatives of ingredients
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need more specifics on negatives of ingredients

Need more specifics on negatives of ingredients 1 year, 3 months ago #108

• Katie
  • Fresh Boarder
Sometimes I'll click on one of those hard-to-pronounce ingredients in red to see a description of the ingredient. More than once the description of the ingredient actually sounded like it was a good ingredient. Then I have to do a google search to try to ascertain why that ingredient would be bad enough to be in red. Could you add the reasons why each ingredient may be good or bad for people? If it's just bad for people who are avoiding a certain ingredient maybe you could specify that. E.g. "For most people this ingredient is safe, but for those avoiding soy, they should know that this ingredient can come from wheat, corn, and soybeans."

Sometimes I want to see just how bad the ingredient is and decide if I want to take the gamble.

If I come across a specific example again I'll try to remember to post it here.

Re: Need more specifics on negatives of ingredients 1 year, 3 months ago #114

• director
  • Administrator
  • Managing Director at Foodfacts.com
Hi Katie,

Thanks for posting in our forum!

I'm excited to tell you that we are hard at work here at foodfacts.com to update our entire ingredient database. I agree that there are some ingredients without enough information, and some that don't open to the right link. We are aware of this and have decided that the best way to resolve it is to re-format and re-evaluate all of our ingredients to make the information more accessible and more relevant.

Keep checking back with us for the foodfacts you need to make healthy nutritional decisions!
Our Foodfacts Health Score is not meant to be a final judgment on a product, but a guideline to help consumers navigate the often confusing world of ingredient lists and nutritional labels. Read more about the score: bit.ly/11g45Cn
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds