Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

General Mills Crispy Kix Cereal
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
We respond to every health score complaint we receive with a full explanation of why that product scored the way it did. Now, we're bringing each response into our forum so that our member community can learn more about the score and voice their opinion. You can also use this space to post Health Score Questions and interact directly with our staff! Note: original emails have been edited for length, relevance and to remove any personal information.

Please keep in mind that our score is not a final judgment on a product and that many lower-scoring foods can be enjoyed in moderation. If you have questions about a product’s suitability for your individual dietary needs, please consult a doctor or medical professional.
  • Page:

TOPIC: General Mills Crispy Kix Cereal

General Mills Crispy Kix Cereal 1 year, 3 months ago #102

• director
  • Administrator
  • Managing Director at Foodfacts.com
Linda disagrees with the score for General Mills Crispy Kix Cereal (18 oz).
Linda feels that the score should be F (0-9).
The reason is: From what I can see and I am still learning, but the main ingredients are ALL GMO ingredients, not to mention corn syrup which has been proven to be harmful to health. To me if the top 5 ingredients have all shown to do harm than this product should have a negative score.
Product URL: www.foodfacts.com/NutritionFacts/Corn-Ba...ix-Cereal-18-oz/9836

Unfortunately, the FDA does not require manufacturers to disclose whether their products or ingredients include Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO). Therefore, it is not possible for us to indicate whether a product is or is not GMO, because there are no consistent guidelines or standards. The best way to ensure that a product is or isn’t GMO is by contacting the manufacturer directly. Hopefully, more transparent GMO labeling will be required in the future so that consumers can make their own informed decisions about their food. At that time, you can be sure that foodfacts.com will indicate the GMO status of a product, but for now, that information simply isn’t available if the manufacturer does not want to provide it.

As always, thanks for contacting us!
DO YOU AGREE? Feel free to post your opinion on this product and the score below!
Our Foodfacts Health Score is not meant to be a final judgment on a product, but a guideline to help consumers navigate the often confusing world of ingredient lists and nutritional labels. Read more about the score: bit.ly/11g45Cn
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds