ingredient information
Acai Sambazon Organic
AAA
The acai berry (pronounced ah-sigh-ee) is a fruit that grows on the acai palm trees in the Amazon rain forest of Brazil. It is dark purple in color and about the size of a grape. It is extremely rich in nutrients. Natives of the Amazon region have made this berry a major part of their diet for hundreds of years. Approximately 10% of the berry contains edible pulp and skin and the remaining 90% is the seed or pit. Most of the nutrients come from the pulp and skin and the seed is normally not eaten. The fruit tastes like a vibrant mix of berries and chocolate. With rich nutrients and great taste, it is not surprising that this food is becoming extremely popular. Organic food is produced by farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality for future generations. Organic meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy products come from animals that are given no antibiotics or growth hormones. Organic food is produced without using most conventional pesticides; fertilizers made with synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge; bioengineering; or ionizing radiation. Before a product can be labeled "organic," a Government-approved certifier inspects the farm where the food is grown to make sure the farmer is following all the rules necessary to meet USDA organic standards. Companies that handle or process organic food before it gets to your local supermarket or restaurant must be certified.