Foodfacts.com observes that, if you want to pamper your heart, there are nutrient supplements that can help protect you from damage or failure. Along with lifestyle changes, a whole foods diet, an exercise regimen, smoking cessation and stress management, these powerful nutrients can help reduce your cardiovascular risk:
1. Alpha-lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant that boosts your glutathione.
2. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is the spark that ignites the formation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) in the cell’s mitochondria.
3. D-Ribose enhances the healthy effects of CoQ10 and L-Carnitine.
4. EDTA (ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid) helps sweep your arteries of plaque.
5. Garlic helps you fight free radicals, remove deadly plaque, reduce blood clotting, increase vessel elasticity, lower cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
6. Ginkgo biloba increases blood flow and provides anti-aging benefits.
7. Green tea has been shown to prevent cardiovascular disease and cancer.
8. Hawthorne berry is an herb with a long history as a heart tonic.
9. L-Arginine can dramatically lower cholesterol and improve blood pressure.
10. L-Carnitine produces cellular energy.
11. L-Lysine can slow the clotting process.
12. L-Taurine is an amino acid that reduces irregular heartbeat.
13. Magnesium and calcium work together to improve heart function and lower blood pressure.
14. Nattokinase helps thin the blood naturally to avoid clotting and wards off heart disease and stroke.
15. Quercetin may help inhibit the oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. One study showed that quercetin helped promote a 73 percent reduction in the risk of stroke.
Now that you know about the top nutrients to protect your heart, you should know more about what’s in the foods you eat. Visit Foodfacts.com today for FREE membership and start using the powerful Food Facts Health Score.
Source: Dr. Michael Cutler via Healthier Talk