Sharissa at Allergy Free Mom shared a mouth-watering, healthy chocolate cake recipe with us that we wanted to pass along. Here is a direct link:
Here is the complete recipe:
For the cake you will need:
- 2 cups pure cane sugar
- 1 ¾ cup of your favorite all-purpose gluten-free flour * (see note)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Rumford baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 tsp. Ener-G egg Replacer whisked with 4 tbsp. warm water
- 1 cup rice milk, or soy milk
- ½ cup sunflower oil or grape seed oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (can be omitted if allergic)
- 1 cup very hot water
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Add all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with a wire whisk.
Add the egg replacer, vanilla extract, oil, and milk into the bowl, and stir to combine well. Slowly and carefully stir in the hot water until a very thin, smooth batter is achieved.
Pour the mix into two greased 9-inch round cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes in pans before transferring to a cooling rack.
*Note: Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose gluten-free flour was used. Read ingredient labels carefully when choosing your favorite brand.
For the glaze you will need:
- ½ cup warm grape seed oil OR ½ cup melted Earth Balance dairy-free margarine
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup warm rice milk or soy milk
Whisk the warm oil, cocoa and salt together. Add 1 ½ cups of the powdered sugar and blend. Stir in the milk. Mix well, and slowly add in the remainder of the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cooled, stacked cakes.
Refrigerate any leftovers (if there are any!)
Allergy Free Mom is a terrific site to visit. They have everyday recipes for families with multiple food allergies, concentrating on organic and Non-GMO ingredients. Check it out.